Barcelona have reportedly set to make a shock for Arsenal flop Carlos Vela in January from Los Angeles FC.
The 30-year-old Mexico international scored 36 goals and registered 11 assists in an outstanding 2019 season in Major League Soccer, having first moved to the United States last year but Bob Bradley’s side went on to beat the LA Galaxy in the MLS playoffs but suffered a 3-1 defeat in the final at the hands of the Seattle Sounders.
Vela was heavily linked with a loan move to Barcelona back in January when he turned his back on European football back in 2017 after left Real Sociedad to sign a contract with LAFC, who were a new MLS franchise at the time.
However, according to former Blaugrana youngster Dos Santos, who played at the Nou Camp for five seasons, the Spanish champions have decided to make another attempt in the upcoming the winter transfer window as he told W Radio that his club and country teammate has received an offer from the Catalan club,
“As I am now on vacation, I have not had much contact with him.
“But it is true, he has that offer on the table [from Barcelona]. I don’t know what he’s going to do.
“He’s very happy in Los Angeles, he had a spectacular season, but Barca looking for you is a very nice opportunity.
“I’m happy for him. As a Mexican, I hope this possibility can be given.”
Vela joined Arsenal’s academy in 2005 from Guadalajara in his homeland but made only 29 Premier League appearances and three goals during his time at Emirate Stadium and also spent five loan spells away from the club, including one with West Brom during which he netted twice in eight Premier League matches before leaving in 2012.
De Geas’s error ends Man Utd unbeaten run (WAT 2-0 MAN UTD)
Manchester United’s No 1 Keeper David de Dea and Wan-Bissaka’s error in the second half end Manchester United’s unbeaten run after Watford recorded a 2-0 victory over the Red Devils in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon at the Vicarage Road.
The first half ended goalless after both sides wasted some scoring opportunities, Manchester United could have gone ahead in the with couples of chances created but they were unfortunate to record a goal in the opening 45 minutes.
Watford maintained a high pressing game against Manchester United and the tactics forced Manchester United to lose the ball easily in the midfield.
Manchester United conceded a goal from a blunder from David de Gea as Sarr Ismaila shot found its way into the net in the 50th minute.
Watford got the second goal after Wan-Bissaka fouled an opponent in the box and Troy Deeney made no mistake from the spot to give Watford the second goal.
Paul Pogba was close to scoring for Manchester United but his effort was scrambled off the line as Watford ensured the scoreline remained the same.
The game ended 2-0 in favour of the home team as they ended Manchester United run.
Real Madrid send message to Pogba over Man Utd exit
Real Madrid send message to Pogba over Man Utd exit.
Real Madrid have informed Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba, that they will not make a move for him in January, due to the emergence of midfielder Fede Valverde, Marca reports.
Pogba has seriously linked with an exit from Old Trafford and speculations claim he could leave in Janaury.
Madrid were keen on the 26-year-old last summer and were expected to reignite their interest in the winter window.
However, Pogba could now remain a United player until the end of the season.
The midfielder’s agent, Mino Raiola, has been reaching out to Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane, but has not got a positive response.
Attacking midfielder, Valverde, has burst through the ranks in recent months, meaning Zidane is not as desperate to strengthen his midfield options.
What Messi said about Hazard, Real Madrid’s game plan ahead of “EL CLASSICO”
Barcelona captain, Messi, said that no player can replace Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid.
Ronaldo spent nine (9) years at Madrid, where he played with Messi during El Clasico fixtures, before leaving for Juventus in the summer of 2018.
Ahead of Wednesday’s home game against the Los Blancos, Messi was asked if Hazard could replace Ronaldo at the Bernabeu.
He told Marca: “Hazard has a lot of quality. He is a different football player who can unbalance [defences], but I think he is different to Cristiano, with different characteristics.
“It is very difficult to replace Cristiano, but Hazard is also a great player.”
The Argentine superstar also opened up on Madrid’s tactical setup for their home and away matches.
“When we play at the Bernabeu, many more spaces are generated. They attack us more because they have the obligation as the host team and people push them for that.
“At the Camp Nou, they play another type of match, sitting a little further back, they are closer together and hit on the counter-attack because they have very fast players upfront.
“At the Bernabeu, we play 90 minutes equally. Here the game becomes more locked and is more complicated,” Messi added.
- Audio6 months ago
Gospel Music:- Legacy – “You’re The Reason” Mp3 Download
- Movies2 months ago
Movie:- 6 Underground – Full Movie Download 2019
- Free Browsing7 months ago
LATEST MTN UNLIMITED FREE BROWSING CHEAT AUGUST 2019
- Sports7 months ago
Real Madrid defender welcomes Pogba to LaLiga club
- Movies2 months ago
Movies:- Star Wars “The Rise Of SkyWalker” – (2019) Movie Download
- Audio6 months ago
Download Song:- Godiratty – Gimme Love (Prod. Omo Ebira)
- Sports5 months ago
UCL: Real Madrid hit with major injury blow ahead of PSG clash
- News5 months ago
Lecturers issue fresh warning to Buhari govt on impending strike